Monday, April 21, 2008

Mary in the News

Hi Everyone -

Sorry we haven't posted in a few days. First off, Mary is home from the hospital. She came home Friday, but then had another ambulance ride on Saturday morning as she dropped her oxygen to 50 and briefly stopped breathing. Ryan and I worked on her and were able to bring her back. Once at the hospital her lungs were clear and she was smiling and talking. We think she's having a hard time adjusting to the new climate and with allergies. We continue to be aggressive with her airway clearance and are praying she will shake whatever it is very soon.

Mary is a little star. A week ago a news crew from Fox 17 in Nashville came out to the house (well, our friends house because we were about to move) and shot a story on Mary and her fundraiser. To view it click on the link below:

http://www.fox17.com/newsroom/top_stories/vid_1524.shtml

It aired on the morning show this morning and will air again on the 9 p.m. news. We're not sure how long it will be on their website.

Thanks again for all the prayers and support for Mary. Will update more when we can and add a few pictures of the little pumpkin!

Kate

4 comments:

mjferguson said...

I just saw the news broadcast. Mary is getting so big and she looks beautiful. I know the move has been hard, but VA is a great place and I hope Mary will adjust.
You guys are always in my prayers.
Keep in touch.
Michelle Ferguson

Jane and Bill said...

Hi Mary Grace!

Sorry you haven’t heard from us in a while, and to hear that you had to go to the hospital, but we’re so glad to know that you are feeling better now, and that you and your Mom and Dad and the rest of your crew are settling into your new home in Virginia – it’s a beautiful state!

We also checked out your video-bit on the web – you looked very natural and glamorous on camera, we must say - like you’d been doing it forever! (A star is born!) Oh, and your Mom and Dad didn’t look too bad either! Now we can say we know a celebrity!

Say hi to your Mom and Dad and Sam and Copper and all from us!

Love, Jane and Bill

Grandma Julie said...

We really enjoyed the newsclip. Mary, you were just adorable and Kate you were a natural! We hope it brings much awareness and support. Thankful that you were able to stay on top of it with Mary on Saturday. Our prayers always. Grandma and Grandpa N.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I just read your blog... the second I saw Mary's picture... I thought- wow- she looks like a Nelson!
You have a beautiful daughter...Jenny told me about the awareness ride you were doing... I wish I lived closer.. I would definitely have been there!
I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.